Ginetta GT5 Challenge
Gotboost Ginetta GT5 Challenge Team
The Ginetta GT5 Challenge offers a unique, low-cost opportunity to race in a single make racing championship whilst still being a part of the prestigious support packages of the BTCC & British GT Championships.
Gotboost Racing (GBR) offers full race support packages for the Ginetta GT5 Challenge.
This championship boasts packed grids of Ginetta G40’s enjoying ultra-competitive single-make motorsport. Suitable for all ages and levels of race experience, the Ginetta GT5 Challenge is widely known as the breeding ground for future professional drivers.
All weekends are triple headers, providing 21 races throughout the season, with all races counting towards the final championship positions.
This is why having a team of experienced engineers to prepare, set-up and look after your car is essential.
Every DNF, or failure to make the grid can have a detrimental effect on your final position in the championship
The Ginetta G40 Race car
- Ford Zetec 1.8 ltr
- CAM upgrade
- Jenvey throttle body kit with cold air induction
- Lightened flywheel
- 165 bhp
- FIA safety cage
- FIA fuel cell
- FIA driver’s seat and harnesses
- Quaife 6 speed sequential gearbox
- Quaife ATB differential
- 6 piece composite gel coat bodywork
- Fire extinguisher
- Front 280mm ventilated brake discs with 4 pot Ginetta billet calipers
- Rear 280mm ventilated brake discs with 2 pot Ginetta billet calipers
- Controlled Michelin slick tyres
- Heated windscreen
- Air jacks
- Passenger seat and harness
- Ginetta nominated data logging system (pre-wired)
Ginetta GT5 Challenge 2020 Race Calender
- Round 1 – Oulton Park (International) – 11/13 April (British GT)
- Round 2 – Silverstone (National) – 25/26 April (BTCC)
- Round 3 – Snetterton – 16/17 May (British GT)
- Round 4 – Oulton Park (Island) – 13/14 June (BTCC)
- Round 5 – Zandvoort – 4/5 July
- Round 6 – Knockhill – 29/30 August (BTCC)
- Round 7 – Donington Park (GP) – 19/20 September (British GT)
For the fifth consecutive season, the Gotboost Ginetta GT5 Team will offer drivers the exciting opportunity to compete across both the British GT and British Touring Car Championship weekends, with three outings on each of the high-profile packages.
It will mark the first time the championship has supported the BTCC three times in a single season, with outings at Silverstone, Oulton Park and Knockhill. It joins the British GT for Snetterton, Donington Park and the traditional Easter weekend season opener at Oulton Park.
The series overseas meeting will take place at Zandvoort in July, back on the F1 calendar for 2020 this is always one of the highlights of the racing year.